And this is what he REALLY looked like after. I was sad, almost in tears (that's a little embarrassing) over how different he looked. But I really like the short now, such a little man.
On a side note, Mike walked (pre-graduated) from BYU in August. His whole family came out, including grandparents, and we had a BLAST visiting with them, getting to know our new niece Elayna, and having everyone get to know Benson Dean. It was a fun filled week, Benson loved it, and Mike looked especially cute in his BYU robes. I am so proud of Mike for working so hard through school and still finding time to spend with wifey and babe at home. We are SO glad when daddy comes home! And although I loved it when my cougar husband graduated from my (soon to be our) Alma Mater, my ultra proudest moment was not at graduation. It was in July at the annual 4th of July parade in Provo, when the BYU float and mascot came charging down the street. Mike stood up and cheered louder than anyone for "BYU!" and "COSMO!". Don't get me wrong, Mike has always loved his school and has been grateful to go there, but he is not the "school spirit" type. So, when he stood up and cheered, I almost had tears in my eyes. I asked about it later and he told me that now that he is graduating he is starting to feel the BYU spirit. Yes, that was a moment of joy for me. Gooooooooo Cougars! And for your viewing pleasure, a few pics of the DeVries cougars.
I live with the best two boys ever.
3 comments:
So cute! And wow, I did not realize how silly his hair looked before. He's such a stud.
yea for graduation!!! Benson is so big!!! it's been way too long since I've seen you!
ha ha. i love the toupee look. you should have kept it. congrats mike on graduating! please come to chicago.
Post a Comment